14.2. Configuring a Host for Registration
- Hosts must be using the following Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version:
- 5.8 or later (5.7 or later on s390x)
- 6.4 or later
- 7.0 or later
- All architectures of Red Hat Enterprise Linux are supported (i386, x86_64, s390x, ppc_64)
- On the Red Hat Satellite Server, ensure that the date and time are correct and synchronized with the client.
- On each client system, address the following requirements:
- Ensure that the date and time are correct and synchronized with the server.
ntpdor a similar time synchronization tool in all virtual environments:For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6:
# chkconfig ntpd on; service ntpd startFor Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7:
# systemctl start chronyd; systemctl enable chronyd
Procedure 14.2. To Automatically Configure a Host:
- Take note of the Red Hat Satellite's fully qualified domain name (FQDN), for example satellite.example.com.
- Open a terminal console and log in as root.
- Download and install a copy of the CA Certificate for the host from the Red Hat Satellite FQDN:
# rpm -Uvh http://satellite.example.com/pub/katello-ca-consumer-latest.noarch.rpm
Notekatello-ca-consumer-hostname-1.0-1.noarch.rpm is an additional katello-ca-consumer rpm available that contains the server's hostname. The katello-ca-consumer-latest.noarch.rpm rpm will always reflect the most updated version. Both serve the same purpose.