18.2. Restoring Red Hat Satellite Server from a Backup
- You are restoring to the correct instance. The Red Hat Satellite instance must have the same configuration, package versions and errata as the original system.
- All commands are executed as
rootin the directory where the archives were created during the backup process.
- All SELinux contexts are correct. Run the following command to restore the correct SELinux contexts:
# restorecon -Rnv /
Procedure 18.2. To Restore Red Hat Satellite from Backup:
- Copy the backup data to the Satellite's local file system, for example,
/var/tmp/satellite-backup/. Ensure you have enough space to store this data on the Satellite server as well as enough space after the restoration to contain all the data in the
/var/directories contained within the backup.
- Run the restoration script:
# /usr/bin/katello-restore backup_directoryThis process can take a long time to complete, due to the amount of data to copy.