Chapter 14. Configuring Hosts
14.1. Creating a Host
Procedure 14.1. To Create a Host:
- Click→ .
- On the Host tab, enter the required details.
- On the Puppet Classes tab, select the puppet classes you want to include.
- On the Network tab, perform the following actions:
- Enter the Domain and Realm details. It is required to specify a domain to make the host provisioning possible. This automatically updates the Subnet list with a selection of suitable subnets.
- Enter the Primary Interface details. If there is a DHCP-enabled Capsule Server on the selected subnet, the IP address is automatically suggested. Click Suggest new to generate a different address.
- Optionally, click Section 14.4, “Configuring an Additional Network Interface” for details.to include an additional network interface. See
- On the Operating System tab, enter the required details. You can select a partition table from the drop-down list or enter a custom partition table in the Custom partition table field. You cannot specify both.
- On the Parameters tab, click Add Parameter to add any required parameters. This includes all Puppet Class Parameters and Host Parameters associated with the host.
- On the Additional Information tab, enter additional information about the host.
- Click Submit to complete your provisioning request.