Chapter 11. Configuring Activation Keys
- Which life cycle environment the content host should be placed in.
- Which host collection the content host should be assigned to.
- Which organization the content host should be a part of.
- Whether to use a provisioning template for the content host.
- Setting up a subscription usage limit for the content host.
- Assigning a specific subscription to the content host.
- Administrators have control over which subscriptions are installed to a content host without having to create and configure every content host first.
- Because activation keys are created within the Satellite Server and do not rely on content host settings or architecture, the target content host does not have to exist yet.
- Users can register their content host in a single step and automatically have all required subscriptions attached, without having to select and attach subscriptions manually and potentially miss a subscription.
11.1. Creating an Activation Key
Procedure 11.1. To Create an Activation Key:
- Click→ .
- Enter the required details for the activation key in the relevant fields.
- Clear the Unlimited check box if the activation key is to be used with limitations. Type the usage limit in the Limit field. You can use this field to control how many times a given Activation Key is used. For example, if you associate the key with a subscription that has a limited quantity, you can set the limit on the Activation Key to eliminate exceeding that quantity.
- Enter a suitable description in the Description field.
- Select the Environment and Content View that this key should apply to.
- Clickto create the activation key.