Chapter 6. Provisioning Hosts
6.1. Provisioning a Host Using PXE
Procedure 6.1. To Provision a Host:
- On the main menu, click New Host page.→ to open the
- On the Host tab, complete the following values:
- Name: Choose a suitable name for your host. For example,
- Host Group: Select RHEL6Server-x86_64
NoteNew hosts inherit the default values configured for the host group. This means you can quickly build a host without reentering those values.
- Content Source: The $FQDN of your Satellite. This is automatically selected based on the Host Group.
- On the Network tab, complete the following values:
Do not make any changes to the Puppet Classes, Operating System, Parameters, or Additional Information tabs.
- MAC Address: The MAC address of the new host. The Satellite server reserves a DHCP address using this value. Ensure you enter it correctly.
Provisioning_NetThis value is automatically populated.
- IP Address: This value is automatically populated.
- Power on your host (either physical host or virtual machine); it will PXE-boot and begin its installation process.