18.104.22.168. Notification ⇒ Filters
22.214.171.124.1. Notification ⇒ Notification Filters ⇒ Active Filters
- Description: Enter a value that allows you to distinguish this filter from others.
- Type: Determine what action the filter should take: redirect, acknowledge, suspend, or supplement the incoming notification.
- Send to: The Redirect Notification and Supplemental Notification options in step two require an email address to which to send the notifications. The remaining options require no email address.
- Scope: Determine which monitoring components are subject to the filter.
- Organization/Scout/Probe: This option allows you to select the organization, scout(s), or probe(s) to which this filter applies. To select multiple items from the list, hold the Ctrl key while clicking the names of the items. To select a range of items, hold the Shift key while clicking on the first and last items in the range.
- Probes in State: Select which probe state(s) relate to the filter. For example, you may choose to create a supplemental notification for critical probes only. Uncheck the box to the left of any state you want the filter to ignore.
- Notifications sent to: This is the method to which the notification would be sent if no filter were in place. You may, for example, redirect notifications that would normally go to a user should that individual go on vacation, leaving all other notifications from the probe unchanged.
- Match Output: Select precise notification results by entering a regular expression here. If the "Message:" portion of the notification does not match the regular expression, the filter is not applied.
- Recurring: Select whether a filter runs continuously or on a recurring basis. A recurring filter runs multiple times for a period of time smaller than the duration of the filter. For example, a recurring filter could run for 10 minutes of every hour between the start and end times of the filter. A non-recurring filter runs continuously between the start and end times of the filter.
- Beginning: Enter a date and time for the filter to begin operation.
- Ending: Enter an end date and time for the filter.
- Recurring Duration: How long a recurring filter instance is active. This field, applicable to recurring filters only, begins at the Beginning time specified above. Any notification generated outside of the specified duration is not filtered.
- Recurring Frequency: How often the filter activates.