A.5.13. Linux::TCP Connections by State
- TIME_WAIT - The socket is waiting after close for remote shutdown transmission so it may handle packets still in the network.
- CLOSE_WAIT - The remote side has been shut down and is now waiting for the socket to close.
- FIN_WAIT - The socket is closed, and the connection is now shutting down.
- ESTABLISHED - The socket has a connection established.
- SYN_RCVD - The connection request has been received from the network.
netstat -antcommand to retrieve data. The Local IP address and Local port parameters use values in the Local Address column of the output; the Remote IP address and Remote port parameters use values in the Foreign Address column of the output for reporting.
rhnmd) must be running on the monitored system to execute this probe.
Table A.27. Linux::TCP Connections by State settings
|Local IP address filter pattern list|
|Local port number filter|
|Remote IP address filter pattern list|
|Remote port number filter|
|Critical Maximum Total Connections|
|Warning Maximum Total Connections|
|Critical Maximum TIME_WAIT Connections|
|Warning Maximum TIME_WAIT Connections|
|Critical Maximum CLOSE_WAIT Connections|
|Warning Maximum CLOSE_WAIT Connections|
|Critical Maximum FIN_WAIT Connections|
|Warning Maximum FIN_WAIT Connections|
|Critical Maximum ESTABLISHED Connections|
|Warning Maximum ESTABLISHED Connections|
|Critical Maximum SYN_RCVD Connections|
|Warning Maximum SYN_RCVD Connections|