Show Table of Contents
Chapter 5. Cloning Software Channels and Errata
spacewalk-clone-by-datecommand to create custom cloned Red Hat Enterprise Linux channels based on the date an erratum was made available to the Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
The following features are available with
- Cloning the channel errata and associated package states as they were on a specific date
- Automating the cloning by scripts and template files
- Removing or blocking packages from channels
- Resolving package dependencies within the parent and child channels
- Filtering and acting on specific errata while ignoring others. For example, acting only on security errata and ignoring bugfixes and enhancements.
You need to run the
spacewalk-clone-by-datecommand as the root user and the
usernameneeds to be either an Organizational Administrator or Channel Administrator.
spacewalk-clone-by-dateis limited to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and higher versions because
yummetadata to complete dependency resolution. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and lower versions use the
up2datecommand to install and update packages and does not provide the metadata