Chapter 5. Cloning Software Channels and Errata
spacewalk-clone-by-datecommand to create custom cloned Red Hat Enterprise Linux channels based on the date an erratum was made available to the Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
- Cloning the channel errata and associated package states as they were on a specific date
- Automating the cloning by scripts and template files
- Removing or blocking packages from channels
- Resolving package dependencies within the parent and child channels
- Filtering and acting on specific errata while ignoring others. For example, acting only on security errata and ignoring bugfixes and enhancements.
spacewalk-clone-by-datecommand as the root user and the
usernameneeds to be either an Organizational Administrator or Channel Administrator.
spacewalk-clone-by-dateis limited to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and higher versions because
yummetadata to complete dependency resolution. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and lower versions use the
up2datecommand to install and update packages and does not provide the metadata