1.2. Assigning Roles to User Accounts
- Satellite Administrator
- A special role for Satellite administrative tasks such as creating organizations, managing subscriptions, and configuring global Satellite Server settings.This role cannot be assigned on the User Details page. A user that already has the Satellite Server administrator role can assign the role to another user by going to → .
- Organization Administrator
- Performs management functions such as managing users, systems, and channels within the context of their organization. Organization administrators are automatically granted administration access to all other roles, which are signified by the checkboxes for the other roles being selected and grayed-out.
- Activation Key Administrator
- Performs activation key functions for such as creating, modifying, and deleting keys within the account.
- Channel Administrator
- Provides complete access to the software channels and related associations within the organization. Performs functions such as making channels globally subscribable, and creating new channels, and managing the packages within channels.
- Configuration Administrator
- Has complete access to the configuration channels and related associations within the organization. Also has complete access to the kickstart profiles and associated items within the organization. Performs kickstart profile, channel and file management configuration functions in the organization.
- Monitoring Administrator
- Performs scheduling of probes and oversight of other monitoring infrastructure. This role is available only on Satellite Servers with monitoring enabled.
- System Group Administrator
- This role has complete authority over the systems and system groups to which it is granted access. Performs administrative functions such as creating new system groups, deleting assigned system groups, adding systems to groups, and managing user access to groups.