6.5. OpenSCAP Satellite Web Interface
The following sections describe the pages in the Red Hat Satellite web interface that provide access to OpenSCAP and its features.
6.5.1. OpenSCAP Scans Page
Click the Audit tab on the top navigation bar to display the OpenSCAP Scans page. This is the "overview" page for all OpenSCAP functionality in Satellite Server. Use this page to view, search for, and compare completed scans.
184.108.40.206. All Scans
The All Scans page is the default page that appears on the Audit tab. This page displays all the completed OpenSCAP scans that the viewer has permission to see. Permissions for scans are derived from system permissions.
For each scan, the following information is displayed:
- System: the system that was scanned.
- XCCDF Profile: the evaluated profile.
- Completed: the time the scan was completed.
- Satisfied: the number of rules that were satisfied. A rule is considered to be Satisfied if the result of the evaluation is either Pass or Fixed.
- Dissatisfied: the number of rules that were not satisfied. A rule is considered to be Dissatisfied if the result of the evaluation is Fail.
- Unknown: the number of rules that failed to evaluate. A rule is considered to be Unknown if the result of the evaluation is Error, Unknown or Not Checked.
The evaluation of XCCDF rules may also return status results such as Informational, Not Applicable, or not Selected. In such cases, the given rule is not included in the statistics on this page. See System Details → Audit for information about these types of results.
220.127.116.11. XCCDF Diff
XCCDF Diff is an application which visualizes the comparison of two XCCDF scans. It shows metadata for two scans as well as the lists of results.
Click the appropriate icon on the List Scans page to access the
diffoutput of similar scans. Alternatively, or you can specify the ID of arbitrary scans.
Items that show up in only one of the compared scans are considered to be "varying". Varying items are always highlighted in beige. There are three possible comparison modes: Full Comparison which shows all the scan items, Only Changed Items which shows items that have changed, and finally Only Invariant Items which shows unchanged or similar items.
18.104.22.168. Advanced Search
Use the Advanced Search page to search through your scans according to specified criteria, including:
- Rule results.
- Targeted machine.
- Time frame of the scan.
The search either returns a list of results or a list of scans which are included in the results.