2.2. Red Hat Satellite Server Requirements
- Red Hat Satellite with Embedded Database - 1 machine
- Red Hat Satellite with Embedded Database and Enhanced Reporting - 2 machines
- Red Hat Satellite with Managed/External Database - 2 machines
- Red Hat Satellite with Managed/External Database and Enhanced Reporting - 3 machines
2.2.1. x86_64 Hardware Requirements
- Required: Intel dual-core processor, 2.4GHz, 512K cache or equivalent
- Recommended: Intel quad-core processor, 2.4GHz dual processor, 512K cache or equivalent
- Required: 4 GB of memory
- Recommended: 8 GB of memory
- 5 GB storage for base installation
- A minimum of 40 GB storage per software channel (including
Baseand child channels), in
/var/satellite/, configurable at install
- A minimum of 10 GB storage for cache files stored within
/var/cache/rhn. See Section 2.4.4, “Caching” for more information.
- Strongly Recommended: A SCSI drive connected to a level 5 RAID
- See Section 2.3.1, “Database Sizing Requirements” for standard database requirements.
- Embedded Database: A minimum of 12 GB storage for the database repository in the
- Managed Database: See Section 2.3.2, “Managed Database Requirements”.
- External Database: See Section 2.3.3, “External Database Requirements”.
/rhnsat/. Take in consideration this change of disk location for Embedded Database files for previous Satellite deployments. Ensure to allocate sufficient disk space for the
- A separate partition (or better, a separate set of physical disks) for storing backups, which can be any directory specifiable at backup time
- An external SAN for more reliable backups