5.4.2. Summary of Enhanced Entitlement Reporting Configuration
- Installation of a Red Hat Satellite 5.6 server
- See Chapter 4, Installation for installation steps.
- Installation and Configuration of a Subscription Asset Manager server
- Install a Subscription Asset Manager (SAM) 1.3 server on a different server from Satellite 5.6. When installing from ISO, make sure to run the
install_packagesscript with the
--enhanced_reportingto install the SAM 1.3 with Enhanced Entitlements Reporting:
# mkdir /mnt/cdrom # mount -o loop SAM.iso /mnt/cdrom # cd /mnt/cdrom # ./install_packages --enhanced_reporting # katello-configure --deployment=sam --user-pass=PASSWORD # chkconfig mongod on # service mongod startAlternatively, to install the Subscription Asset Manager (SAM) 1.3 server using
yum, run the following:
# yum install katello-headpin-all splice spacewalk-splice-tool ruby193-rubygem-splice_reports # katello-configure --deployment=sam --user-pass=PASSWORD # chkconfig mongod on # service mongod startReplace PASSWORD with a password of your choice. This password is required in later steps of Enhanced Entitlements Reporting configuration.The SAM server contains all the tools necessary to collect reporting information from the Satellite 5.6 server. For more information on SAM installation, see the Using Subscription Asset Manager guide for version 1.3.See Section 5.4.3, “Configuring Servers for Enhanced Entitlements Reporting” for further configuration steps.
ImportantDo not create organizations in Subscription Asset Manager when using in conjunction with Red Hat Satellite 5.6. The
spacewalk-splice-toolcreates the required organizations automatically.
- Downloading Entitlement Certificate and Subscription Manifest
- Register your Satellite 5.6 server on the Subscription Management Applications page of the Red Hat Customer Portal. This provides you with an Entitlement Certificate and a Subscription Manifest, both of which contain entitlements information for your Satellite 5.6 server. See Chapter 3, Entitlement Certificate for steps on generating an Entitlement Certificate and Subscription Manifest pair.
- Upload the Entitlement Certificate on your Satellite 5.6 server.
- Upload the Subscription Manifest on your SAM server. See Section 5.4.4, “Downloading an Enhanced Entitlements Subscription Manifest” and Section 5.4.5, “Uploading a Subscription Manifest to Subscription Asset Manager” for these steps.