Chapter 21. Role-based access control for branches in Business Central
Business Central provides the option for users to restrict the access for a target branch for a specific collaborator type. The security check uses both the Security Management screen and contributors sources to grant or deny permissions to spaces and projects. For example, if a user has the security permission to update a project and has write permission on that branch, based on the contributor type, then they are able to create new assets.
21.1. Customizing role-based branch access
You can customize contributor role permissions for each branch of a project in Business Central. For example, you can set Read, Write, Delete, and Deploy access for each role assigned to a branch.
- In Business Central, go to Menu → Design → Projects.
If needed, add a new contributor:
- Click the project name and then click the Contributors tab.
- Click Add Contributor.
- Enter user name in the text field.
- Select the Contributor role type from the drop-down list.
- Click Ok.
Customize role-based branch access for the relevant contributor:
- Click Settings → Branch Management.
- Select the branch name from the drop-down list.
- In the Role Access section, select or deselect the permissions check boxes to specify role-based branch access for each available role type.
- Click Save and click Save again to confirm your changes.