As a system engineer, you can deploy a Red Hat Process Automation Manager environment on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to provide an infrastructure to develop or execute processes and other business assets. You can use OpenShift Operators to deploy the environment defined in a structured YAML file and to maintain and modify this environment as necessary.
- A Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform environment is available. The Operator is supported on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform version 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3.
- At least four gigabytes of memory are available in the OpenShift environment.
- The OpenShift project for the deployment is created.
- You are logged in to the project using the OpenShift web console.
Dynamic persistent volume (PV) provisioning is enabled. Alternatively, if dynamic PV provisioning is not enabled, enough persistent volumes must be available. By default, the deployed components require the following PV sizes:
- Each KIE Server deployment by default requires one 1Gi PV for the database. You can change the database PV size. You can deploy multiple KIE Servers; each requires a separate database PV. This requirement does not apply if you use an external database server.
- By default, Business Central requires one 1Gi PV. You can change the PV size for Business Central persistent storage.
- Business Central Monitoring requires one 64Mi PV.
- Smart Router requires one 64Mi PV.
If you intend to scale any of the Business Central or Business Central Monitoring pods, your OpenShift environment supports persistent volumes with
ReadWriteManymode. If your environment does not support this mode, you can use NFS to provision the volumes. For information about access mode support in OpenShift public and dedicated clouds, see Access Modes.