Language and Page Formatting Options
Chapter 6. Revising project versions
You can revise the version number of a project in Red Hat Process Automation Manager before you build and deploy a new instance of the project. Creating a new version of a project preserves the old version in case there is a problem with the new one and you need to revert back.
- Process Server is deployed and connected to Business Central.
- In Business Central, go to Menu → Design → Projects.
- Click the project you want to deploy, for example Mortgage_Process.
- If there is no container with the project name, a container with default values is automatically created.
If an older version of the project is already deployed, go to the project settings and change the project version. When finished, save the change and click Deploy. This will deploy a new version of the same project with the latest changes in place, alongside the older version(s).Note
You can also select the Build & Install option to build the project and publish the KJAR file to the configured Maven repository without deploying to a Process Server. In a development environment, you can click Deploy to deploy the built KJAR file to a Process Server without stopping any running instances (if applicable), or click Redeploy to deploy the built KJAR file and replace all instances. The next time you deploy or redeploy the built KJAR, the previous deployment unit (KIE container) is automatically updated in the same target Process Server. In a production environment, the Redeploy option is disabled and you can click Deploy only to deploy the built KJAR file to a new deployment unit (KIE container) on a Process Server.
To configure the Process Server environment mode, set the
org.kie.server.modesystem property to
org.kie.server.mode=production. To configure the deployment behavior for a corresponding project in Business Central, go to project Settings → General Settings → Version and toggle the Development Mode option. By default, Process Server and all new projects in Business Central are in development mode. You cannot deploy a project with Development Mode turned on or with a manually added
SNAPSHOTversion suffix to a Process Server that is in production mode.
- To review project deployment details, click View deployment details in the deployment banner at the top of the screen or in the Deploy drop-down menu. This option directs you to the Menu → Deploy → Execution Servers page.
- To verify process definitions, click Menu → Manage → Process Definitions, and click .
- Click in the Actions column and select Start to start a new instance of the process.