As a system engineer, you can deploy a Red Hat Process Automation Manager freeform managed server environment on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to provide an infrastructure to execute services, process applications, and other business assets. You can deploy any number of managed Process Servers and control them using the same Business Central Monitoring. You can add and remove the Process Servers as necessary; Business Central Monitoring establishes a connection to them automatically. You can also use the same Business Central Monitoring instance to monitor immutable Process Servers.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform version 3.11 is deployed.
- At least four gigabytes of memory are available in the OpenShift cluster/namespace.
- The OpenShift project for the deployment is created.
You are logged in to the project using the
occommand. For more information about the
occommand-line tool, see the OpenShift Container Platform CLI Reference. If you want to use the OpenShift Web console to deploy templates, you must also be logged on using the Web console.
Dynamic persistent volume (PV) provisioning is enabled. Alternatively, if dynamic PV provisioning is not enabled, enough persistent volumes must be available. By default, the deployed components require the following PV sizes:
- Business Central Monitoring requires a 64Mi PV.
- Each Process Server deployment by default requires one 1Gi PV for the database. You can change the database PV size in the template parameters. If you deploy multiple separate Process Servers, each of the servers requires a separate database PV. This requirement does not apply if you use an external database server.
Your OpenShift environment supports persistent volumes with
ReadWriteManymode. If your environment does not support this mode, you can use NFS to provision the volumes. For information about access mode support in OpenShift Online volume plug-ins, see Access Modes.Important
ReadWriteManymode is not supported on OpenShift Online and OpenShift Dedicated.
Since Red Hat Process Automation Manager version 7.5, support for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.x is deprecated, including using templates to install Red Hat Process Automation Manager. This functionality will be removed in a future release.
Do not use Red Hat Process Automation Manager templates with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.x. To deploy Red Hat Process Automation Manager on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.x, see the instructions in Deploying a Red Hat Process Automation Manager environment on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform using Operators.