Chapter 5. Test template for DMN-based test scenarios
Business Central automatically generates the template for every DMN-based test scenario asset and it contains all the specified inputs and decisions of the related DMN model. For each input node in the DMN model, a GIVEN column is added, whereas each decision node is represented by an EXPECT column. You can modify the default template at any time as per your needs. Also, to test only a specific part of the whole DMN model, its possible to remove the generated columns as well as move decision nodes from the EXPECT to the GIVEN section.
5.1. Creating a test scenario template for DMN-based test scenarios
Create a test scenario template for DMN-based scenarios by following the procedure below to validate your DMN models.
- In Business Central, go to Menu → Design → Projects and click the project that you want to create the test scenario for.
- Click Add Asset → Test Scenario.
- Enter a Test Scenario name and select the appropriate Package.
- Select DMN as the Source type.
- Select an existing DMN asset using the Choose DMN asset option.
Click Ok to create and open the test scenario in the test scenarios designer.
The template is automatically generated and you can modify it as per your needs.