Show Table of Contents
2.2. Block Storage
This section outlines the top new features for the Block storage service.
- Snapshot Backups
- You can now back up snapshots, providing another layer of data protection. This allows you to protect the snapshots taken from the volumes on a backup device, separately from the storage back end.
- Improved Volume Replication (API v2.1)
- The replication API now allows replication on a per-volume basis. Now, an entire storage back end can be configured to failover all of its hosted volumes to a secondary device in the event of hardware failure.
- Volume Encryption Through Dashboard
- Volume Encryption can now be managed through the dashboard.