Show Table of Contents
17.2. Configure the OpenStack Integration Test Suite
tempestvirtual machine, run the following steps to configure your environment:
- Create a working directory to run the OpenStack Integration Test Suite tools, for example,
mkdir -p /path/to/mytempest
- Within the
mytempestdirectory, run the
configure-tempest-directorycommand to setup the OpenStack Integration Test Suite within the
- Export the Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment variable with the proper credentials. The credentials for this environment are as follows:
NoteIt is not necessary to have admin credetials to run the OpenStack Intergration Test Suite. With
admincredentials, you can perform the following actions:
- Run tests for admin APIs
- Generate test credentials on the go.
- With a saved resource state, run the
config_tempest.pyscript with the following credentials to properly create the
tempest.confconfiguration file that resides within the
tools/config_tempest.py --debug --create identity.uri OS_AUTH_URLidentity.admin_username OS_USERNAME identity.admin_password OS_PASSWORD identity.admin_tenant_name OS_TENANT_NAME object-storage.operator_role Member
- Before you run any tests, it is critical to preserve a clean resouce state of the existing OpenStack cloud:
python -m tempest.cmd.cleanup --init-saved-state
NoteCleanup with the OpenStack Integration Test Suire does not cleanup the entire environment. It is possible that manual intervention is required to clean up the existing OpenStack cloud.
- Review the
etc/tempest.conffile located within the
mytempestdirectory to ensure it meets all your Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment needs.
- Verify the
run-test.shscript properly runs, by using one of the
tools/run-tests.sh --concurrency 4 tempest.api.compute.flavors
concurrency 4prevents the OpenStack Integration Test Suite from creating race conditions and/or unexpected errors.
- After successful verification, run the
run-tests.shscripts as follows:
tools/run-tests.sh --concurrency 4 --skip-file tools/ra-skip-file | tee ra-out.txt
ra-skip-filecontains specific tempest tests excluded when running the
run-tests.shscript. The reason specific tests are excluded is due to your environment not running certain scenarios, for example, floating IP tests and third party tests. A sample
ra-skip filecan be as follows:
-tempest\.api\.compute\.floating_ips.* -tempest\.thirdparty\.boto.* -tempest\.api\.compute\.floating_ips.* -tempest\.api\.network\.test_floating_ips.* -tempest\.api\.network\.admin\.test_floating_ips_admin_actionEvery Red Hat OpenStack Environment is different and therefore the test scenario cases to skip may vary for each environment.
- Once the OpenStack Integration Test Suite tests that verify your OpenStack deployment are complete, cleanup the environment to return it to its original resource state.
python -m tempest.cmd.cleanup