Show Table of Contents
4.3. Install the Object Storage Service Packages
The following packages provide the components of the Object Storage service:
Primary OpenStack Object Storage Packages
- Proxies requests for objects.
- Stores data objects of up to 5GB.
- Maintains a database that tracks all of the objects in each container.
- Maintains a database that tracks all of the containers in each account.
OpenStack Object Storage Dependencies
- Contains code common to the specific services.
- The swift3 plugin for OpenStack Object Storage.
- Soft dependency of the proxy server, caches authenticated clients rather than making them reauthorize at every interaction.
- Provides utilities for configuring OpenStack.
- Provides the
Procedure 4.2. Installing the Object Storage Service Packages
- Install the required packages:
yum install -y openstack-swift-proxy \