Show Table of Contents
Chapter 9. Install the Orchestration Service
9.1. Install the Orchestration Service Packages
The Orchestration service requires the following packages:
- Provides the OpenStack-native REST API to the Orchestration engine service.
- Provides the AWS CloudFormation-compatible API to the Orchestration engine service.
- Provides components common to all Orchestration services.
- Provides the OpenStack API for launching templates and submitting events back to the API.
- Provides the AWS CloudWatch-compatible API to the Orchestration engine service.
- Provides the tools required on
heat-provisioned cloud instances.
- Provides a Python API and command-line script, both of which make up a client for the Orchestration API service.
- Provides supporting utilities to assist with a number of tasks, including the editing of configuration files.
Install the packages:
yum install -y openstack-heat-* python-heatclient openstack-utils