Chapter 2. Overview of the all-in-one Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment
In the all-in-one Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP) environment this scenario, there is no pre-existing undercloud dependency. Instead, the installer runs an inline heat-all instance to bootstrap the deployment process and convert the selected heat templates into Ansible playbooks that you can execute on a local machine.
If you want to perform complex operations, you must deploy a production-level scaled cloud.
To install, configure, and deploy a simple, single-node RHOSP environment, complete the tasks in the following workflow:
- Prepare your environment.
- Install packages for the all-in-one environment.
- Configure the all-in-one environment.
- Deploy the all-in-one environment.
Benefits of the all-in-one installation
- Composable services.
- Pre-defined roles.
- Condensed single-node environment.
- Playbooks that you can use to run the small-footprint installer in a container and generate Ansible playbooks.
You can create custom composable roles and deploy specific services for each role.
This installation applies Ansible playbooks automatically with the deployment command. You can also direct the deployment command to output Ansible playbooks that you can use on other environments. For example, you can complete testing in the all-in-one installation, and then apply the verified Ansible playbook to other environments.