Chapter 2. Requirements
- An existing Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment with an integrated Ceph back end. For more information, see the Deploying an Overcloud with Containerized Red Hat Ceph guide.
- The Shared File System service installed on the Controller nodes, as is the default behavior.
- You intend to use only a single instance of the Ceph File System as the only back end for your Shared File SystemsService.
2.1. Limitations and Restrictions
Given the current state of the involved components, the test scenario in this document has the following limitations and restrictions:
- Untrusted instance users pose a security risk to the Ceph Storage cluster, as they have direct access to the public network of the Ceph Storage cluster. Ensure that the cluster you are using is quarantined from the production environment, and that only trusted users have access to the test environment.
- This release only allows read-write access to shares.