Show Table of Contents
Chapter 13. Install the Telemetry Alarming Service
The Telemetry Alarming service (
Aodh) triggers defined actions based on the data collected by the Telemetry service.
13.1. Install the Telemetry Alarming Service Packages
The following packages provide the components of the Telemetry Alarming service:
- Provides the main OpenStack Telemetry Alarming service API
- Provides the files that are common to all OpenStack Telemetry Alarming service components
- Provides the alarm evaluator, which determines when alarms are to trigger
- Provides the expirer component, which clears expired alarm history data
- Provides the listener daemon, which executes the defined actions
- Provides the notifier daemon, which allows alarms to be set
- Provides the OpenStack Telemetry Alarming service Python libraries
- Provides the OpenStack Telemetry Alarming service command-line tool and a Python API (specifically, the aodhclient module).
Install all the required packages:
yum install openstack-aodh-api openstack-aodh-evaluator openstack-aodh-expirer openstack-aodh-listener openstack-aodh-notifier python-aodhclient
This will install the openstack-aodh-common and python-aodh packages automatically because they are dependencies.