Show Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction
This document provides a reference for how components in a Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment are installed and configured. Installation and configuration information is grouped by component for the following components:
- The MariaDB Database Service
- The RabbitMQ Message Broker
- The Identity Service
- The Object Storage Service
- The Image Service
- The Block Storage Service
- OpenStack Networking
- The Compute Service
- The Orchestration Service
- The Dashboard
- The Data Processing Service
- The Telemetry Service
- The Time-Series-as-a-Service
- The File Share Service (Technology Preview)
- The Database-as-a-Service (Technology Preview)
For an overview of the OpenStack components and their interfaces, see the Architecture Guide (https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/red-hat-openstack-platform/).
The document includes tasks, such as database setup and firewall configuration, that are common to all components, and tasks that are specific to configuring each component.
1.1. Subscribe to the Required Channels
To install Red Hat OpenStack Platform, you must register all systems in the OpenStack environment with Red Hat Subscription Manager, and subscribe to the required channels.
Procedure 1.1. Subscribing to the Required Channels
- Register your system with the Content Delivery Network, entering your Customer Portal user name and password when prompted:
- Obtain detailed information about the Red Hat OpenStack Platform subscription available to you:
subscription-manager list --available --all --matches="*OpenStack*"This command should print output similar to the following:
+-------------------------------------------+ Available Subscriptions +-------------------------------------------+ Subscription Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform, Standard (2-sockets) Provides: Red Hat Beta ... Red Hat OpenStack ... SKU: ABC1234 Contract: 12345678 Pool ID: 0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef Provides Management: No Available: Unlimited Suggested: 1 Service Level: Standard Service Type: L1-L3 Subscription Type: Stackable Ends: 12/31/2099 System Type: Virtual
- Use the
Pool IDprinted by this command to attach the Red Hat OpenStack Platform entitlement:
subscription-manager attach --pool=Pool ID
- Disable any irrelevant and enable the required channels:
subscription-manager repos --disable=* \
- Run the
yum updatecommand and reboot to ensure that the most up-to-date packages, including the kernel, are installed and running.
You have successfully configured your system to receive Red Hat OpenStack Platform packages. You may use the
yum repolistcommand to confirm the repository configuration again at any time.