Red Hat OpenStack Platform provides the foundation to build a private or public Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud on top of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. It offers a highly scalable, fault-tolerant platform for the development of cloud-enabled workloads.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform is packaged so that available physical hardware can be turned into a private, public, or hybrid cloud platform that includes:
- Fully distributed object storage
- Persistent block-level storage
- Virtual machine provisioning engine and image storage
- Authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Integrated networking
- Web browser-based interface accessible to users and administrators