Chapter 1. Introduction
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform director provides a set of tools to provision and create a fully featured OpenStack environment, also known as the Overcloud. The Director Installation and Usage Guide covers the preparation and configuration of the Overcloud. However, a proper production-level Overcloud might require additional configuration, including:
- Basic network configuration to integrate the Overcloud into your existing network infrastructure.
- Network traffic isolation on separate VLANs for certain OpenStack network traffic types.
- SSL configuration to secure communication on public endpoints
- Storage options such as NFS, iSCSI, Red Hat Ceph Storage, and multiple third-party storage devices.
- Registration of nodes to the Red Hat Content Delivery Network or your internal Red Hat Satellite 5 or 6 server.
- Various system level options.
- Various OpenStack service options.
This guide provides instructions for augmenting your Overcloud through the director. At this point, the director has registered the nodes and configured the necessary services for Overcloud creation. Now you can customize your Overcloud using the methods in this guide.
The examples in this guide are optional steps for configuring the Overcloud. These steps are only required to provide the Overcloud with additional functionality. Use only the steps that apply to the needs of your environment.