Chapter 8. Manila
The openstack/manila test is only applicable to OpenStack products/components that implement OpenStack features for OpenStack file share service. For more information, see Section 2.1, “Products Implementing Openstack APIs”.
The manila test cover OpenStack file share-component feature testing, which includes basic and operational functional testing using the Tempest Framework that is integrated in the RHOSP.
8.1. Manila Test
Based on the solutions provided by Partners, RHT will define a test plan in RH-cert web UI along with the test(s) that Partners needs to perform. The manila tests execute file share-component selected feature test(s) and, checks the plugin/driver functionality. The manila test includes and supports the following feature:
Allows Partner to perform all the file operation and also provides NFS/CIFS protocol. This test will handle drivers with and without the driver handles share servers (DHSS) feature.
DHSS=true, the networking plugin should either be
- If Manila is using NeutronNetworkPlugin and the tempest has multitenancy enabled the dhss test status will be PASS
- If Manila uses a standalone network dhss test status will be FAIL
Manila_shares has features like availability zones, consistency groups, extensions, limits, metadata, micro, versions, quotas, rules, security services, share networks, share actions, and share instances.
The plugin/driver functionalities that are tested as part of Manila_shares test are:
If the vendor plugin implements manila_shares along with its feature they are also expected to perform the following subtest for manila_shares:
This test checks the driver ability to keep a share in managed/unmanaged state.
This test checks the drivers’ capability to shrink the manila shares.
This test checks the drivers’ capability to extend the manila shares.
A snapshot allows Customers to restore the data from a specific time they want to. A new share can be created only for the data that has its snapshot. The plugin/driver functionalities that are tested as part of manila_snapshot test are:
- reset snapshots
- force delete snapshot
- share snapshot instance
- deleting shares with existing snapshot
- create share with smaller size snapshot
- create share from snapshot with different share network
- delete snapshot with wrong id
- create snapshot with wrong id
- create access rule to snapshot
- list shares by snapshot id
- listing and renaming snapshots
- share snapshot instances
- snapshot rules
This test checks drivers’ capability to keep a snapshot and replicate share snapshot in managed or unmanaged state.
This test creates share snapshot from snapshot when the share network is not provided.
This test checks the drivers’ capability to revert the share to snapshot.
This test checks the drivers’ capability to create mountable snapshots rather than creating a whole share from the snapshot and then deleting the share.
Following are the individual Success Criteria for the Manila test and subtests:
- Manila test must be using NeutronNetworkPlugin and tempest must have multitenancy enabled
- manila_share_managed driver is available to manage manila share state
- manila_share_shrink driver carry out shrink operation of manila shares
- manila_share_extend is functional
manila_snapshot is working with all its features
- All manila_snapshot subfeature tests are performed successfully