Chapter 6. Subscribing to the Red Hat OpenShift Data Science managed cloud service
You can subscribe to the Red Hat OpenShift Data Science managed cloud service in the following ways:
- Subscribe through Red Hat if you have a Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated cluster deployed with a Customer Cloud Subscription (CCS) on Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Subscribe through the AWS Marketplace if you have a Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS (ROSA) cluster.
You can also purchase Red Hat OpenShift Data Science as self-managed software. To purchase a new subscription, contact your Red Hat account manager. If you do not yet have an account manager, complete the form at https://www.redhat.com/en/contact to request one.
6.1. Subscribing to the OpenShift Data Science managed cloud service on AWS or GCP
For a Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated cluster that is deployed on AWS or GCP, contact your Red Hat account manager to purchase a new subscription. If you do not yet have an account manager, complete the form at https://cloud.redhat.com/products/dedicated/contact/ to request one.
- You have worked with Red Hat Sales to enable a private offer of OpenShift Data Science, follow these steps to accept your offer and deploy the solution.
- Visit your Private Offer with the URL link provided by your Red Hat Sales representative.
- Click Accept Terms to subscribe to the AMI Private Offer named OpenShift Data Science from AWS Marketplace.
- After accepting the offer terms, click Continue to Configuration.
6.2. Subscribing to the OpenShift Data Science managed cloud service on Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS (ROSA)
For a ROSA cluster, you can subscribe to the OpenShift Data Science managed cloud service through the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace.
- Access to a ROSA cluster, including permissions to view and install add-ons.
- An AWS account with permission to view and subscribe to offerings in the AWS marketplace.
In the AWS Console, navigate to the AWS Marketplace. For example:
- Click the help icon and then select Getting Started Resource Center.
- Select AWS Marketplace > Browse AWS Marketplace.
- In the top Search field, type: Red Hat OpenShift Data Science.
Select one of the two options depending on the geographical location of the billing address for your AWS account (note that this location might differ from the geographical location of the cluster):
- Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA region)
- North America and regions outside EMEA
- Click Continue to Subscribe.
- Click Continue to Configuration and then select the appropriate fulfillment options. Note that some selectors might have only one option.
- Click Continue to Launch.
Link your AWS account with your Red Hat account to complete your registration:
- In the AWS Marketplace console, navigate to the Manage Subscriptions page.
- In the Red Hat OpenShift Data Science card, click Set up product.
In the top banner, click Set up account.
This link takes you to the Red Hat Hybrid console.
- If you are not already logged in, log in.
- Review and then accept the terms and agreements.
- Click Connect accounts.
The Data Science product page opens.