Chapter 1. Overview of the OpenShift Container Storage update process
You can upgrade Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage and its components, either between minor releases like 4.5 and 4.6, or between batch updates like 4.6.0 and 4.6.1.
You need to upgrade the different parts of OpenShift Container Storage in a specific order.
- Update OpenShift Container Platform according to the Updating clusters documentation for OpenShift Container Platform.
Update OpenShift Container Storage.
Update the OpenShift Container Storage operator, using the appropriate process for your setup:
- To prepare a disconnected or proxy environment for updates, see Operators guide to using Operator Lifecycle Manager on restricted networks.
- Update OpenShift Container Storage in internal mode
- Update OpenShift Container Storage in external mode
If you use local storage:
Update the Local Storage operator.
See Checking for Local Storage Operator deployments if you are unsure.
Perform post-update configuration changes for clusters backed by local storage.
See Post-update configuration for clusters backed by local storage for details.
Review the following important considerations before you begin.
Red Hat recommends using the same version of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform with Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage.
See the Interoperability Matrix for more information about supported combinations of OpenShift Container Platform and OpenShift Container Storage.
- The Local Storage Operator is fully supported only when the Local Storage Operator version matches the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform version.