Chapter 5. Known issues
It is mandatory to upgrade to OpenShift Container Storage 4.2.1 before upgrading to OpenShift Container Platform 4.3. Upgrading to OpenShift Container Platform without upgrading OpenShift Container Storage first, may result in Persistent Volumes going offline as well as blocking OpenShift Container Platform from upgrade. If you inadvertently encounter such issues, contact Red Hat Support. The full OpenShift Container Storage and OpenShift Container Platform interoperability matrix is available at https://access.redhat.com/articles/4731161.
In AWS environment, after a node reboot the
*-mon-*pods are stuck in the
initstate for an extended period. Should this occur, contact Red Hat support. (BZ#1769322)
- When adding capacity from the user interface, you must select and then re-select a storage class from the drop-down list before selecting Add. (BZ#1781146)
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage 4.2 does not support cluster reduction. (BZ#1781377)
- For more information, see Sizing and scaling recommendations.
With Red Hat Enterprise Linux worker nodes, a
Permission deniederror appears when writing in CephFS mount point for Amazon Web Services (user-provisioned infrastructure). (BZ#1777384)
- To resolve this issue, see Enabling file system access for containers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux based nodes.
- It is not possible to uninstall Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage from the user interface. (BZ#1760426)
- Persistent Volume Claim (PVC) expansion is not functional. (BZ#1743643)
When a worker node is down, the operator is blocked from responding to CR updates such as upgrades, adding storage, or creating new pools. (BZ#1778488)
- To resolve this issue, see Replacing storage nodes for OpenShift Container Storage.
When a machine is deleted, OSD pod fails to run on the new node and stuck at
Pendingstate. In this case, contact Red Hat support. (BZ#1780626).
Noobaa-core-0does not migrate to other nodes when a node goes down. NooBaa will not work when a node is down as migration of
noobaa-corepod is blocked. (BZ#1783961)