Appendix H. Glossary
H.1. Product and project names
- developers.redhat.com/launch is a stand-alone getting started experience offered by Red Hat for jumpstarting cloud-native application development on OpenShift. It provides a way of creating functional example applications as well as an easy way to build and deploy these example applications on OpenShift.
- Fabric8 Launcher
- The Fabric8 Launcher is the upstream project on which developers.redhat.com/launch is based.
- Minishift or CDK
- An OpenShift cluster running on your machine using Minishift.
H.2. Terms specific to Fabric8 Launcher
An application specification, for example a web service with a REST API.
Examples generally do not specify which language or platform they should run on; the description only contains the intended functionality.
- Examples Catalog
- A Git repository that contains information about example applications.
- A platform that executes an example application. For example, Thorntail or Eclipse Vert.x.