Chapter 3. Example applications and cloud-native development on OpenShift
When developing applications on OpenShift, you can use examples to kickstart your development.
Examples are working applications that showcase different fundamental pieces of building cloud native applications and services.
The examples implement a Microservice pattern such as:
- Creating REST APIs
- Interoperating with a database
- Implementing the Health Check pattern
You can use the examples for a variety of purposes:
- A proof of technology demonstration
- A learning tool, or a sandbox for understanding how to develop applications for your project
- A starting point for updating or extending to your own use case
Each example application is implemented in one or more runtimes. The REST API Level 0 example is implemented for these runtimes: