Show Table of Contents
Chapter 4. Cloning a Machine
spacewalk-clone-by-dateallows RHN Satellite customers to create custom cloned Red Hat Enterprise Linux channels based on the date Errata was made available to the Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
The following features are available with
- Cloning the state of the channel as it was on a specific date
- Automating the cloning by scripts and template files
- Removing or blocking packages from channels
- Resolving package dependencies within the parent and child channels
- Filtering and acting on specific errata while ignoring others. For example, acting only on security errata and ignoring bugfixes and enhancements.
spacewalk-clone-by-dateneeds to be run as the root user and the
usernameneeds to be either an Organizational Administrator or Channel Administrator.