8.2. Upgrading a Satellite
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/satellite-upgrade/READMEfile in the
Procedure 8.2. Upgrade a Satellite
- Mount the ISO as specified in Section 4.1.2, “Mounting the Installation Media”
- Change your directory to the mounted ISO and run the Installer Program using the
# cd /mount/cdrom # ./install.pl --upgrade
ImportantEnsure to use additional options if your Red Hat Network Satellite is disconnected or using a Stand-Alone Database. For more information, read Section 4.2.1, “Options for the Installer Script”.
- Disable all services on the Satellite server:
# /usr/sbin/rhn-satellite stop
ImportantThe next step will upgrade the database schema. Ensure the database is running on your Stand-Alone Database. If using an Embedded Satabase, ensure the database is running via the following command:
# service oracle start
- Upgrade the database with
ImportantIt is recommended to backup your database before upgrading.
- Activate the Satellite. If using a connected Satellite:
# rhn-satellite-activate --rhn-cert [PATH-TO-NEW-CERT] --ignore-version-mismatchIf disconnected, run:
# rhn-satellite-activate --rhn-cert [PATH-TO-NEW-CERT] --disconnected --ignore-version-mismatch
- Rebuild search indexes with the following command:
# service rhn-search cleanindexThis command makes the
rhn-searchservice clean search indexes and restart.
- Enable Monitoring and Monitoring Scout. To enable Monitoring without enabling Monitoring Scout, run the following command:
# /usr/share/spacewalk/setup/upgrade/rhn-enable-monitoring.plTo enable both Monitoring and Monitoring Scout, run the following command:
# /usr/share/spacewalk/setup/upgrade/rhn-enable-monitoring.pl --enable-scout
- Restart Satellite services:
# /usr/sbin/rhn-satellite restart