4.6. Assigning Packages to Software Channels
When packages are initially uploaded, they can be assigned to a custom channel, multiple custom channels, or no channel at all. Refer to Chapter 6, Uploading and Maintaining Custom Packages for instructions. Once uploaded, packages may be reassigned between custom channels and the No Channels repository.
These functions can be made available by following these steps:
- Click on the Channels tab in the top navigation bar and then Manage Software Channels on the left navigation bar.
- In the Software Channel Management page, click the name of the channel to receive packages.
- In the Managed Software Channel Details page, click the Packages tab and then the Add subtab. To associate packages with the channel being edited, select the option containing the packages from the View dropdown menu and click View.
NotePackages already associated with the channel being edited are not displayed. Packages not assigned to a specific channel are found in the Packages in no channels menu item. Selecting All managed packages presents all available packages.
- Select the checkboxes of the packages to be assigned to the edited channel and click Add Packages at the bottom-right corner of the page. A confirmation page appears with the packages listed.
- Click Confirm to associate the packages with the channel. The List/Remove subtab of the Managed Software Channel Details page then appears with the new packages listed.
Once packages are assigned to a channel, the errata cache is updated to reflect the changes. This update is delayed briefly so that users may finish editing a channel before all of the changes are made available. To initiate changes to the cache manually, click the commit your changes immediately link within the text at the top of the List/Remove subtab.