6.2.2. Preparing for Import from Local Media
- The RHN Satellite installation must have been performed successfully.
- The Red Hat Network Channel Content ISOs or RHN Satellite Exporter data must be available, or the Satellite must have access to the Internet and the RHN website.
220.127.116.11. Preparing Channel Content ISOs
- Log into the machine as root.
- Insert the first Channel Content ISO that has been burned to disc.
- Create a directory in
/mnt/to store the file(s) with the command:
- Mount the ISO file from within the directory containing it using the command:
mount iso_filename /mnt/import -o loop
- Create a target directory for the files, such as:
- This sample command assumes the administrator wants to copy the contents of the ISO (mounted in
cp -ruv /mnt/import/* /var/rhn-sat-import/
- Then unmount
/mnt/importin preparation for the next CD or ISO:
- Repeat these steps for each Channel Content ISO of every channel to be imported.