Show Table of Contents
6.5.2. All Errata
The All Errata page displays a list of all Errata Updates released by Red Hat. It works much the same as the Relevant Errata page in that clicking either the Advisory or the number of systems affected takes you to related tabs of the Errata Details page. Refer to Section 18.104.22.168, “Errata Details” for more information.
22.214.171.124. Apply Errata Updates
Errata Updates include a list of updated packages that are required to apply the Errata Update. To apply Errata Updates to a system, the system must be entitled.
Apply all applicable Errata Updates to a system by clicking on Systems ⇒ Systems in the top and left navigation bars. Click on the name of an entitled system, and click the Errata tab of the resulting System Details page. When the Relevant Errata list appears, click then the button on the bottom right-hand corner of the page. Only those Errata that have not been scheduled or were scheduled and failed or canceled are listed. Updates already pending are excluded from the list.
In addition, Management users can apply Errata Updates using two other methods:
- To apply a specific Errata Update to one or more systems, find the update within the Errata lists. In the table, click on the number of systems affected, which takes you to the Affected Systems tab of the Errata Details page. Select the individual systems to be updated and click the button. Double-check the systems to be updated on the confirmation page, then click the button.
- To apply more than one Errata Update to one or more systems, select the systems from a Systems list and click the button. Click the System Set Manager link in the left navigation bar, then click the Systems tab. After ensuring the appropriate systems are selected, click the Errata tab, select the Errata Updates to apply, and click the button. You can select to apply the Errata as soon as possible (the next time the Red Hat Network Daemon on the client systems connect to RHN) or schedule a date and time for the Errata Updates to occur. Then click the button. You can follow the progress of the Errata Updates through the Pending Actions list. Refer to Section 6.8, “Schedule” for more details.
If you use scheduled package installation, the packages are installed via the RHN Daemon. You must enable the RHN Daemon on your systems. Refer to Chapter 3, Red Hat Network Daemon for more details.
The following rules apply to Errata Updates:
- Each package is a member of one or more channels. If a selected system is not subscribed to a channel containing the package, the package will not be installed on that system.
- If a newer version of the package is already on the system, the package will not be installed on that system.
- If an older version of the package is installed, the package will be upgraded.