Show Table of Contents
C.10.9. RHN Satellite Server::Process Health
The RHN Satellite Server::Process Health probe monitors customer-specified processes and collects the following metrics:
- CPU Usage — The CPU usage percent for a given process.
- Child Process Groups — The number of child processes spawned from the specified parent process. A child process inherits most of its attributes, such as open files, from its parent.
- Threads — The number of running threads for a given process. A thread is the basic unit of CPU utilization, and consists of a program counter, a register set, and a stack space. A thread is also called a lightweight process.
- Physical Memory Used — The amount of physical memory in kilobytes being used by the specified process.
- Virtual Memory Used — The amount of virtual memory in kilobytes being used by the specified process, or the size of the process in real memory plus swap.
Specify the process by its command name or process ID. (PID). Entering a PID overrides the entry of a command name. If no command name or PID is entered, the error
Command not foundis displayed and the probe is set to a CRITICAL state.
Table C.71. RHN Satellite Server::Process Health settings
|Process ID (PID) file|
|Critical Maximum CPU Usage|
|Warning Maximum CPU Usage|
|Critical Maximum Child Process Groups|
|Warning Maximum Child Process Groups|
|Critical Maximum Threads|
|Warning Maximum Threads|
|Critical Maximum Physical Memory Used|
|Warning Maximum Physical Memory Used|
|Critical Maximum Virtual Memory Used|
|Warning Maximum Virtual Memory Used|