4.6.0 Release Notes
For Red Hat Mobile Application Platform Hosted 4
Chapter 1. Release Announcement
Red Hat recommends that you review the following guides before using RHMAP:
With the release of RHMAP Hosted 4.6.0, RHMAP is now available on OpenShift Dedicated hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). OpenShift Dedicated is a hosted container application platform, which allows you to quickly develop, build, deploy, and manage containerized services and applications in a cloud environment.
For more information about OpenShift Dedicated, see https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/openshift_dedicated.
1.1. Monitoring Resources
1.1.1. Cloud App and OpenShift Cluster Resource Usage
A Cloud App consumes resources such as CPU and memory. You can view this usage in the OpenShift web console. The Metrics tab for a pod graphically displays the CPU, memory and network usage. The OpenShift web console also enables you to monitor the overall cluster resource usage.
Each RHMAP environment corresponds to an OpenShift project, and each Cloud App corresponds to an OpenShift pod.
Typically, you want to monitor the state of individual Cloud Apps and the overall state of the OpenShift Cluster.
1.1.2. Monitoring RHMAP Cloud Apps
Cloud Apps are the service-side code that runs on an MBaaS. Typically, a Cloud App consumes resources depending on the amount of traffic generated by Client Apps. This procedure describes how to monitor that usage and you can use that information to scale the Cloud App as required.
- A Cloud App deployed to an RHMAP Environment
- Access to RHMAP Studio to view the Cloud App
- Access to OpenShift with at least the View role
- Log in to RHMAP Studio,
- Navigate to the Cloud App and click Details in the left sidebar. For more information see Explore the Project.
Note the following information for later steps:
Log in to the OpenShift web console and select the OpenShift Project that corresponds to the RHMAP environment.
For example, the RHMAP 'DEV' environment corresponds with the OpenShift 'RHMAP Environment: rhmap-DEV' OpenShift project.
- Click Applications and then Pods.
- From the list of Pods displayed, find the corresponding Pod using the four characters noted in step 3.
- From the Pod Details screen, click Metrics to view the Cloud App resource usage.
1.1.3. Monitoring the OpenShift Cluster
The OpenShift cluster runs all the RHMAP software and the Cloud Apps. The OpenShift Console allows you monitor the resource usage of the cluster.
- Access to https://dedicated.openshift.com
- Log in to https://dedicated.openshift.com
- Select the cluster you want to monitor.
Chapter 2. Deprecation Notice
2.1. Node.js v4 Runtime
RHMAP Support for the Node.js v4 runtime is deprecated. The default Cloud App runtime is Node.js v6.
Chapter 3. Known Issues
When editing a repeating section form submission through the Studio, the file and photo fields get copied to all other repeating sections.