Chapter 2. iOS
2.1. Deploying an App on iOS
- You must possess an iOS Development or Distribution Certificate, see here for more info.
- Log on to the iPhone Provisioning Portal and use the test device’s UDID to create a device.
- Register the app’s App ID and then create a Provisioning Profile, see here for more info.
Generate an iOS dev p12 file. A MAC is required to complete the following steps:
- Open the Keychain tool
Navigate to "My Certificates" and locate your iOS Development or Distribution Certificate
In the following image, an iPhone Developer certificate has been selected
- Locate the Private Key and right-click on it. See the image above for reference
Select the option 'Export "iOS developer:"<Name of Developer>' and export this file as a p12 file
- When prompted to enter a passphrase for the p12 file, enter a secure passphrase
When prompted for a password for the keychain, enter the MAC password
- The p12 will be stored in the MAC’s keychain
Create a Credential’s Bundle in the RHMAP Studio:
- Login to the RHMAP Studio
- In the 'Project' section, locate your iOS app and click on it
- Locate the 'Credentials' tab, click on it and then click 'Create New Bundle'
Select the 'iOS' icon and enter data into the fields:
Bundle name: Enter a meaningful name
Private key: Select the p12 file that was exported
Certificate: Select the iOS Development or Distribution Certificate
Provisioning Profile: Select the Provisioning Profile created in the steps above
- Finally, click 'Create Bundle' to create a Credential’s Bundle
- Use the Credential’s Bundle to build the application using the RHMAP Studio. A QR code will be created.
There are two ways to install the app:
- Use the QR code to install the app on the test device
Download the binary, an
.ipafile, from the RHMAP Studio and install the
.ipafile using iTunes