Chapter 4. Technology Previews for the Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.0
4.1. Technology Preview: Deploying Narayana on the Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.0
Narayana on Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.0 is a Technology Preview feature only. Technology Preview features are not supported with Red Hat production service level agreements (SLAs), might not be functionally complete, and Red Hat does not recommend to use them for production. These features provide early access to upcoming product features, enabling customers to test functionality and provide feedback during the development process.
For more information on Red Hat Technology Preview features support scope, see https://access.redhat.com/support/offerings/techpreview/.
At the time of release, the known issues for using Narayana on JBoss Web Server include:
Narayana on JBoss Web Server
Narayana on JBoss Web Server is currently in a technical preview status and has no official accompanying documentation at this time.
The Narayana transactions tookit provides support for applications developed using the following standards-based transaction protocols:
- Web-Service Transactions
- REST Transactions
Narayana on JBoss Web Server is being developed for integration with Red Hat Process Automation Manager. Narayana on JBoss Web Server also provides a connection with PostgreSQL servers using a Tomcat JDBC Connection Pool.
To see an example of configuring Narayana on JBoss Web Server and PostgreSQL, visit tomcat JBoss Transaction Manager with PostgreSQL and Debugging Narayana on tomcat. This example shows how to configure a connection between Narayana on JBoss Web Server and PostgreSQL, using a Docker container to provide the PostgreSQL database.
To use Narayana on the JBoss Web Server, add the JBoss transaction API (Available at the MvnRepository) to the
Quickstarts: Narayana on JBoss Web Server
Explore Narayana on JBoss Web Server (tomcat) using example deployments.
- Using Narayana with Apache Commons DBCP 2 and tomcat: GitHub: JBoss Transaction Manager - dbcp2-and-tomcat quickstart.
- Using Narayana with Transactional Driver (JDBC) and tomcat: GitHub: JBoss Transaction Manager - transactionaldriver-and-tomcat quickstart.
- For an article on using Narayana on JBoss Web Server (tomcat), see: JBoss Developer: Narayana JDBC integration for Tomcat.
- For more information on Narayana, see the Narayana project homepage: http://narayana.io/.
- To download Narayana, see: The Narayana project downloads page.
- For the Narayana API documentation, see: http://narayana.io//docs/api/index.html.
- For the Narayana source code, quickstarts, and instructions for compiling Narayana, visit: GitHub: JBoss Transaction Manager - Narayana.
- For information on Tomcat JDBC Connection Pools, see: Apache Tomcat 9: The Tomcat JDBC Connection Pool.
- For information of PostgreSQL, see the PostgreSQL homepage.
- For information on Docker containers, see: Docker Documentation: What is a Container.