5.3. Resources That Require Additional Configuration for Discovery
5.3.1. Configuring the Agent to Discover EAP Instances
- For JBoss EAP 5 and earlier, the agent must have read permissions to the
run.jarfile, plus execute and search permissions for every directory in the path to the
- For JBoss EAP 6 and 7, the agent must have read permissions to the application server's configuration files.
- When a JBoss EAP instance is installed from an RPM, the agent user must belong to the same system group which runs the EAP instance. This is jboss, by default.
5.3.2. Configuring Tomcat/EWS Servers for Discovery (Windows)
- Run regedit.
- Navigate to Java preferences key for the Tomcat server,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun2.0\TomcatVer#
- Edit the Options attribute, and add these parameters:
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9876 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
- Restart the Tomcat service.