Chapter 17. Monitoring Reports and Data
- Dashboards with metrics portlets for individual resources, compatible groups, and the main dashboard
- Timelines, which aggregate all collected data, events, configuration, operations, and other changes for a resource
- Resource-level charts and tables for metrics
- A suspect metrics report for outlier or out-of-bounds metrics
17.1. Dashboards and Portlets
17.1.1. Resource-Level Dashboards
Figure 17.1. Resource Summary Tab
17.1.2. Main Dashboard
- Platform Utilization, which shows free memory, CPU usage, and other metrics related to platform performance.
- Alerted or Unavailable Resources, which shows a list of the most recent five resources which have issued an alert or been reported as down.
- Recent Alerts and Events that can be filtered by Date/Time, Name and Priority.
- A graph for a specific metric for a compatible group.
- A graph for a specific metric for a resource.
Figure 17.2. Dashboard Portlets with MOnitoring Data
17.1.3. Adding Monitoring Metrics to the Main Dashboard
Procedure 17.1. To add monitoring metrics to the dashboard
- Click the Inventory tab in the top menu, and navigate to the Resource.
- In the Monitoring tab, select the Metrics sub-tab.
- Select the metric from the list, and then click Add to Dashboard