6.8. Reinstalling the Agent
An agent can be re-installed, with completely fresh configuration. There are three points of configuration for the agent: the agent's (local) persisted configuration, the agent inventory (and associated resource data), and the platform entry in the server inventory. Both the configuration on the local machine and the agent and resource configuration on the JBoss ON server need to be cleared for the agent to reinstalled successfully:
- The agent's persisted Java configuration should be purged.
- The agent's inventory should be purged, along with any resource history and configuration.
- The agent must be removed from the JBoss ON inventory. This can be done by deleting the agent from the JBoss ON configuration in the Administration > Agents area (preferred) or by removing the platform resource from the inventory.
To reinstall the agent:
- Make sure that the original agent instance is properly removed.
- Stop the agent process.
- Remove the platform entry from the JBoss ON server inventory.
- Restart the agent with the
--fullcleanconfigoption. This registers the agent with a new security token and fresh configuration settings.