Show Table of Contents
Chapter 8. Installing an Agent Using the JBoss ON User Interface
The JBoss ON UI provides the ability to install a JBoss ON agent on a server over SSH. This can be used on server with existing JBoss ON agents as well as servers without any JBoss ON agents.
The credentials used to perform the remote install are the same used to start the JBoss ON agent.
To install the agent using the JBoss ON UI:
- Click on the Administration menu in the top navigation bar, then click on Agents under the Topology section in the left navigation.
- Click on the New button at the bottom.
- The fill in the host, port, user, and password information. For more details on each field, please see Section 8.1, “Installation Options”
- Fill in the desired installation path for the agent. The Find Agent button may also be used search below the path specified in Agent Install Path. For more details on Agent Install Path, please see Section 8.1, “Installation Options”.
- Optional. An
agent-configuration.xmlmay be specified for the newly installed agent to use. If no
agent-configuration.xmlis set, it will use the default.
- Click Install Agent.
- Once the agent install is complete, the agent installation information is shown. Additionally, Agent Status will be updated to reflect the state of the newly installed agent and the agent can also be started and stopped using the corresponding buttons.
8.1. Installation Options
The JBoss ON Agent installation over SSH provides the following fields for the installation process:
- Host - This field specifies the hostname of the server to connect to using SSH.
- Port - This field specifies the port to use for the SSH connection. By default, it will use port 22.
- User and Password - These fields are the credentials used to connect to the server. This user will also be used to start and stop the JBoss ON agent.
- Agent Install Path - This field specifies the path where the JBoss ON agent will be installed. The JBoss ON UI also provides the Find Agent button, which will attempt to search for any existing agents that are installed below the parent path specified by the Agent Install Path field. If an agent is found under the specified path, Agent Install Path will be updated with the path to that agent. The found agent can then also be started and stopped using the corresponding buttons.If nothing is entered, common locations are searched on the host for an installation path.NoteTo perform the installation, the user specified in the User field will need permissions on the path specified in Agent Install Path. If Agent Install Path corresponds to an existing agent and an installation is attempted, the installation process will warn the user prior to overwriting the existing agent.
- Update Status - This field provides a status of the existing agent in Agent Install Path or the installation process once the Install Agent button is clicked.
- Agent-Configuration.xml - This field allows users to specify a custom
agent-configuration.xmlfile to be used. This field is optional. If no
agent-configuration.xmlfile is specified, then the default will be used.