7.2. Creating Dynamic Groups
- Click the Inventory tab in the top menu.
- In the Groups menu box on the left, click the Dynagroup Definitions link.
- Click thebutton to open the dynamic group definition form.
- Fill in the name and description for the dynamic group. The name can be important because it is prepended to any groups created by the definition, as a way of identifying the logic used to create the group.
- Fill in the search expressions. This can be done by entering expressions directly in the Expression box or by using a saved expression.Saved expressions are have a wizard to help build and validate the expressions. To create a saved expression, click the green button by the drop-down menu. Several options for the expression are active or inactive depending on the other selections; this prevents invalid expressions.The Expression box at the top shows the currently created expression.
- After entering the expressions, set whether the dynamic group is recursive.
- Set an optional recalculation interval. By default, dynamic groups do not recalculate their members automatically, meaning the recalculation value is set to 0. To recalculate the group membership, set the Recalculation interval to the time frequency, in milliseconds.
NoteRecalculating a group definition across large inventories could be resource-intensive for the JBoss ON server, so be careful when setting the recalculation interval. For large inventories, set a longer interval, such as an hour, to avoid affecting the JBoss ON server performance.