4.7. Manually Upgrading the JBoss ON Agent
- Shut down the JBoss ON agent.
- Windows only.. If the agent is running as a Windows service, uninstall the Windows service:
cd old-agent-install-dir/bin ./rhq-agent-wrapper.bat remove
- Upgrade the JBoss ON server, as in Section 3.1, “Upgrading JBoss ON”. The JBoss ON server must be upgraded before any agents are upgraded.
- Restart the upgraded JBoss ON servers if they are not yet started.
- Download the agent update binary from the server.
- Copy the agent update binary JAR file into the parent directory where the agent is installed. For example:
cp agent-update-binary.jar /opt/rhq/rhq-agent
- Extract the new JBoss ON agent from the agent update binary by running the following command:
java -jar agent-update-binary.jar --update=agent_installation_directoryThis will tell the agent update binary to extract the JBoss ON agent distribution and update the current agent that is found in
rhq-agentsubdirectory. At this point, the upgraded JBoss ON agent is located in the original
rhq-agentdirectory. The old agent has been backed up to the
rhq-agent-olddirectory. Any upgrade errors are written to the agent's log files.
- Finally, start the JBoss ON agent.