2.10. Installing Storage Nodes Before Installing the Server
rhq-storage-auth.conffile so that the allowed hosts list cannot be altered to allow an attacker to gain access to the cluster and the stored data.
- Determine the node and cluster configuration information to use.
- Identify the hostname or IP address of each system which will host a node.
- Define the two ports which the cluster uses for communication (9142 and 7100 by default).
- Before installing any storage node, edit the storage properties file with all of the node and cluster information.
[root@server ~]# vim serverRoot/jon-server-3.2.0.GA/bin/rhq-storage.propertiesFor example, this configures three nodes, set in the
rhq.storage.cql-port=9142 rhq.storage.gossip-port=7100 rhq.storage.seeds=18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 start=false
- Install the storage node on each system, with its companion agent. This requires the IP address of the JBoss ON server, even though the server is not yet installed.Do not start the storage node or the agent at this point. Do not use the --start option with the installation script.
[root@server ~]# serverRoot/jon-server-3.2.0.GA/bin/rhqctl install --storage --agent-preference="rhq.agent.server.bind-address=188.8.131.52"
- For each storage node, edit its local
rhq-storage-auth.conffile. This lists the hostnames or IP addresses for all of the storage nodes in the cluster, one per line.
[root@server ~]# vim serverRoot/jon-server-3.2.0.GA/rhq-storage/conf/rhq-storage-auth.conf 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168After the server is configured, the local agent will update the
rhq-storage-auth.conffile with node hostnames or IP addresses as nodes are deployed and removed from the cluster.
- Start each node.
[root@server ~]# serverRoot/jon-server-3.2.0.GA/bin/rhqctl.sh start --storage
- Before installing the server, edit the
rhq-server.propertiesfile to include the connection information for the storage nodes.Add each storage node in a comma-separated listed to the
rhq.storage.nodesparameter. Then, add the client and gossip port values.
[root@server ~]# vim serverRoot/jon-server-3.2.0.GA/bin/rhq-server.properties rhq.storage.nodes=22.214.171.124,126.96.36.199,188.8.131.52 rhq.storage.cql-port=9142 rhq.storage.gossip-port=7100
- Install the server and an agent. Specifying the
--agentoptions only installs those two components; the storage database is excluded.
[root@server ~]# serverRoot/jon-server-3.2.0.GA/bin/rhqctl.sh install --server --agent --startIf you are upgrading an existing JBoss ON agent, then run the upgrade script with the
--use-remote-storage-noteoption, to load the storage database information from the properties file rather than installing a storage node.
[root@server]# serverRoot/jon-server-3.2.0.GA/bin/rhqctl.sh upgrade --use-remote-storage-node=true