Chapter 5. Installing JBoss Agent Plug-in Packs
- Download the plug-in JAR files from the Customer Support Portal.In the Customer Support Portal, open the Downloads tab and select the Downloads item in the JBOSS ENTERPRISE MIDDLEWARE area.
- Select the JBoss ON for Plug-in product in the drop-down box.
- Download the plug-in packs.
- Extract the additional plug-in pack archives to a temporary location. This creates a subdirectory with the name
jon-plugin-pack-plugin_name-version. For example:
[root@server rhq-agent]# unzip jon-plugin-pack-eap-220.127.116.11.GA1.zip -d /tmp
- Copy the extracted plug-in JAR files from the
jon-plugin-pack-plugin_name-18.104.22.168.GA1/directory to the JBoss ON server plug-in directory. For example:
[root@server rhq-agent]# cp /tmp/jon-plugin-pack-plugin_name-22.214.171.124.GA1/*.jar /opt/jon/jon-server-126.96.36.199.GA1/plugins
- Have the JBoss ON server update its plug-ins. This can be done through the JBoss ON GUI or by restarting the server.To load the plug-ins through the GUI:
- Open the Administration tab.
- In the Configuration area on the left, select the Agent Plug-ins link.
- At the bottom of the list of loaded agent plug-ins, click thebutton.
- Have the agents reload their plug-ins to load the new plug-ins. This can be done from the agent's command prompt using the
> plugins updateThis can also be done in the JBoss ON GUI by scheduling an update plugins operation for an agent or a group or agents.Alternatively, restart the agents.